Monday, September 23, 2019


Post # 132 – Come, Follow Me – Week # 30 Acts 22–28 “A Minister and a Witness”   

Dear Family and Friends

Today is such a beautiful day! The sun is shining and the sky is blue with puffy clouds everywhere. There is a bit of a breeze but that is what is helping it to keep it so it is not too hot😊 I hope and pray that the weather is as beautiful in whatever part of the world you may find yourself on this fine day! I suppose if I were being honest even if it were raining it would still be a beautiful, wouldn’t it? And then there is the rainbow – our Heavenly Father’s visible promise to us that He would not flood the entire world again.

Even watching the snow falling is a very beautiful sight – it is driving in it when there are others who have not learned how to drive in the snow yet, that makes it quite challenging and also very dangerous at times Jesus Created this beautiful world for us, we only need to observe the beauty all around us. We need to care for our world so that it will continue to sustain us while we are living here. I see so many of us that just toss things out on the ground for others to pick up or we think it is biodegradable.




I was watching television with my grandsons just the other day and it amazes me the shows that are shown – especially those that are on the channels that are supposed to be for our children. There seems to be innuendos all over the place, in so many shows – our children do not need these things. So, it is up to us as parents, grandparents and simply adults in the lives of children to censor the shows that they are watching.

Once an image is placed in the mind it is very hard to eradicate it. Oh, what is it that they say? That it takes like ten positives for every negative word we use. I would think that it would take a whole lot more to get rid of an image, don’t you? I don’t know, but I think images help a lot of people to remember things. I know that if I can place things in a visual of some kind, I tend to remember it more because I can picture it in my mind.

I know from personal experience and through my teaching young children and also being a foster parent for a number of years that or minds may be like an empty computer that we decide what to put into them. But, unlike the computer that we can shut down when we come across a bad image or site, we cannot turn our brains off and reboot them or turn them back on.




So please be careful what you allow your young children – and the older ones too – to put in their minds. I know that some of my young students have free reign over their parents’ phones or their own iPad or tablet or kindle or whatever they are called now And then there are the video games with all of the killing and other violent acts within the games I know, sad, but true!

Sometimes we don’t think about these things until we have noticed a problem with one of our children and then it is a struggle to help them understand why they cannot do something that you once were okay with before. This is especially true when we get new members in the church. I know it was a struggle for a lot of our foster children to understand the why of things in our home, but when they gave it a chance, they were all happy living with us!

I guess in my ramblings for today, I am hoping and praying that you will do your best to keep our children’s minds pure and innocent for as long as possible. There is enough violence and bad things in this world that they will face soon enough without bringing it into our homes. I am not saying that we should keep them locked up, but we can protect them😊





We can do this as much as we can through our teaching them what is good and right --- not only to do and say but to hear and view. They are only children for a little while – let’s help them enjoy their childhood. Together as the adults in their lives we can make their world a better and much safer place for them to grow up in. we cannot do this alone, but alone we can begin with our own children or the children in our lives😊

As we join together as parents, teachers, neighbors, Sunday school teachers, and especially like me, a preschool teacher. These precious little ones are depending on us to help them make the correct decisions in their young lives and we have the influence to help them do so. During their preschool years is the time we must begin to teach them what is good and right. Not just hand them our phones to keep them busy and entertained

Let’s show them the beauty all around! Let’s teach them about their Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ at a young age. Let’s teach them that their Heavenly Father is there for them always, that they can go the Him in prayer and He does hear and answer their prayers😊 that their Heavenly Father loves each one of them individually and He will comfort them when they are afraid or alone, or worried, or upset. Let’s teach them how to pray!




You know we are learning about Paul the apostle of Jesus Christ and prayer became a very important thing for him as he was teaching the people about Jesus Christ. He knew that his Heavenly Father loved him and would answer his prayers. Those prayers enabled Paul to change his life and accept the Father’s will over his own. I believe he shared his message through the power of prayer and with the power of the Holy Ghost the people were taught the truth.

In our class this week we were asked to write down a scripture reference from Acts 22–28 that impressed us. Our instructor gathered our papers and read a few of the verses. Then he asked if some of us would be willing to share why these verses are meaningful to us. In this first part we are going to learn of Paul’s testimony as he bore it to Festus and King Agippa. Shall we get to our lesson now? Is everyone here and accounted for? Are you ready? Let’s go!!! 😊

This first part comes directly from the manual Come, Follow Me for Individuals and Families:
“When we are on the Lord’s errand,” President Thomas S. Monson promised, “we are entitled to the Lord’s help” (“To Learn, to Do, to Be,” Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2008, 62).






We are not entitled, however, to a smooth road and an endless stream of successes. For evidence of this, we need look no further than Paul the Apostle. His errand from the Savior was “to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel” (Acts 9:15).

In chapters 22–28 of Acts, we see Paul fulfilling this errand and facing great oppositionchains, imprisonment, physical abuse, a shipwreck, and even a snake attack. But we also see that Jesus “stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer, Paul” (Acts 23:11). Paul’s experiences are an inspiring reminder that when the Lord’s servants accept His call to “go … and teach all nations,” He will fulfill His promise to them: “Lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world” (Matthew 28:19–20).

A testimony is a declaration of truth based on personal knowledge or belief.
Our instructor asked that we each  review Acts 22:1–21 and 26:1–29 for a few minutes. After what seemed like a short while he asked us what did we learn in these verses from Paul’s example about bearing of our testimony? You know for the longest time I wasn’t even sure that I had a testimony We discussed this question for a few minutes then he had a class member read aloud the following statement by Elder M. Russell Ballard:




Bearing testimony.
Elder M. Russell Ballard spoke about Paul’s testimony before King Agrippa and taught what it means for us to bear testimony:
“Our testimony meetings need to be more centered on the Savior, the doctrines of the gospel, the blessings of the Restoration, and the teachings of the scriptures. We need to replace stories, travelogues, and lectures with pure testimonies. Those who are entrusted to speak and teach in our meetings need to do so with doctrinal power that will be both heard and felt, lifting the spirits and edifying our people. …
“… While it is always good to express love and gratitude, such expressions do not constitute the kind of testimony that will ignite a fire of belief in the lives of others. To bear testimony is ‘to bear witness by the power of the Holy Ghost; to make a solemn declaration of truth based on personal knowledge or belief’ [Guide to the Scriptures, “Testify,” scriptures.lds.org].

 Clear declaration of truth makes a difference in people’s lives. That is what changes hearts. That is what the Holy Ghost can confirm in the hearts of God’s children” (“Pure Testimony,” Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2004, 41).

You can read the entire talk here:
I added the bold lettering to his statement as these things stood out to me😊 After this statement was finished, he asked us the following question which I now pose to each of you:
What additional principles about bearing testimony do we learn from what Elder M. Russell Ballard spoke about Paul’s testimony?





This comes directly from the manual Come, Follow Me for Individuals and Families;
Ideas for Personal Scripture Study
Disciples of Jesus Christ share their testimonies boldly.
When Paul delivered the powerful testimonies recorded in Acts 22 and 26, he was being held prisoner by Roman soldiers. The people he spoke to had the power to condemn him to death. Yet he chose to boldly bear witness of Jesus Christ and “the heavenly vision” (Acts 26:19) he had received.

Acts 26:19                          New Testament
19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:

What inspires you about his words? Consider the opportunities you have to share your testimony. For example, when was the last time you told your family or others about how you gained your testimony of the gospel?

Remember that singing or playing or simply reading the words aloud of the hymn “Testimony” (Hymns, no. 137) might help bring the Spirit into your discussion you will have with our family member and friends in teaching this lesson to them. I hope and pray that each one of you are better at veering your testimony than I am. I struggle with my tears then I can’t speak very coherently at all, I know that it is the Holy Ghost but I still struggle
You can find this hymn and others here: https://www.ldshymns.com/lds-hymns-126-150/137-testimony




Our instructor asked us what personal insights may have gained as we studied Paul’s testimony to Festus and King Agrippa. Then he asked us if any of s would be willing to share our insights with the class. You can do this same thing with your family members and friends if they are older. The next thing he did was to ask us the following question: What warnings can King Agrippa’s response to Paul’s testimony have for us today? (see Acts 26:28).
Acts 26:28          New Testament
28 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.


You and /or your family members and friends might also be able to think of other testimonies from the scriptures that have inspired you and/ or them. Some of those examples may include the ones found in the following verses: Job 19:25–272 Nephi 33:10–15Alma 5:45–48; and D&C 76:22–24. Another thing you could do is to share some experiences when you or your family members and friends were influenced by someone bearing their testimony during a family home evening or a fast and testimony meeting or even during a class.

Job 19:25–27                    Old Testament
25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.







2 Nephi 33:10–15          Book of Mormon

10 And now, my beloved brethren, and also Jew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good.

11 And if they are not the words of Christ, judge ye—for Christ will show unto you, with power and great glory, that they are his words, at the last day; and you and I shall stand face to face before his bar; and ye shall know that I have been commanded of him to write these things, notwithstanding my weakness.
12 And I pray the Father in the name of Christ that many of us, if not all, may be saved in his kingdom at that great and last day.

13 And now, my beloved brethren, all those who are of the house of Israel, and all ye ends of the earth, I speak unto you as the voice of one crying from the dust: Farewell until that great day shall come.

14 And you that will not partake of the goodness of God, and respect the words of the Jews, and also my words, and the words which shall proceed forth out of the mouth of the Lamb of God, behold, I bid you an everlasting farewell, for these words shall condemn you at the last day.

15 For what I seal on earth, shall be brought against you at the judgment bar; for thus hath the Lord commanded me, and I must obey. Amen.





Alma 5:45–48                  Book of Mormon

45 And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things whereof I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety?

46 Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me.

47 And moreover, I say unto you that it has thus been revealed unto me, that the words which have been spoken by our fathers are true, even so according to the spirit of prophecy which is in me, which is also by the manifestation of the Spirit of God.

48 I say unto you, that I know of myself that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name.






22 And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!

23 For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father—

24 That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God.


In the following scripture  Joseph Smith—History 1:24–25 we can find where the Prophet Joseph Smith has compared his experiences with his testifying to others of the First Vision to that of Paul’s experience before King Agrippa. Maybe it would be good to have your family members and friends pair up – an older child with a younger one if that is in your family dynamics – have them work together to make a list of the similarities between the testimonies of the Prophet Joseph Smith and that of Paul.

Joseph Smith—History 1:24–25                            Pearl of Great Price

24 However, it was nevertheless a fact that I had beheld a vision. I have thought since, that I felt much like Paul, when he made his defense before King Agrippa, and related the account of the vision he had when he saw a light, and heard a voice; but still there were but few who believed him; some said he was dishonest, others said he was mad; and he was ridiculed and reviled. But all this did not destroy the reality of his vision. He had seen a vision, he knew he had, and all the persecution under heaven could not make it otherwise; and though they should persecute him unto death, yet he knew, and would know to his latest breath, that he had both seen a light and heard a voice speaking unto him, and all the world could not make him think or believe otherwise.

25 So it was with me. I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true; and while they were persecuting me, reviling me, and speaking all manner of evil against me falsely for so saying, I was led to say in my heart: Why persecute me for telling the truth? I have actually seen a vision; and who am I that I can withstand God, or why does the world think to make me deny what I have actually seen? For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation.







This comes directly from the manual Come, Follow Me for Individuals and Families;
Ideas for Personal Scripture Study

Why are there differences between the three accounts of Paul’s vision of Jesus Christ?

The book of Acts contains three accounts of Paul’s miraculous vision on the road to Damascus (see Acts 9:3–2022:1–2126:9–20). Each of these accounts is slightly different from the others, and some provide more detail than others. Because the accounts were told to different audiences for different purposes, it is reasonable that Paul chose to emphasize different parts of the experience for each audience.

Similarly, Joseph Smith recorded several accounts of his First Vision (see “First Vision Accounts,” Gospel Topics, topics.lds.org). https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/gospel-topics/first-vision-accounts?lang=eng
The various accounts were given to different audiences for different purposes and provide insights that would not be available if only one account existed.


Both of these men were servants of God so be looking for their similarities as you teach or review these verses and those in  the lesson in Acts 26:28. How do you think that this activity of comparing their testimonies helps each one of us to understand just how to share our testimony with others even when it seems that doing so is hard or even difficult for us to do? I love hearing other people bear their testimonies, I think it helps mine to grow and blossom as I hear the truth and the Holy Ghost testifies to me of that truth😊







In Acts 22:10, 14–1626:19 we learn that ever though Paul was not looking for the same or similar spiritual witness that he had experienced on the road to Damascus he continued working throughout the remainder of his life to keep and maintain his testimony. How does Paul’s example help us each to understand that having a testimony requires a lot of work as well as sacrifice to maintain it and keep it alive? Without the hard work and sacrifice, it withers away just as a plant does without nourishment, water and sunlight!!!

The example was used of a lady in our class who is a find violinist and she told of her consistent efforts to learn to play her instrument. Another person shared about how he had to sacrifice his time because he had to get up much earlier each day in order for him to practice so he could become a good basketball player. Both of these people had to work hard and sacrifice to become better at the skill that they were trying to develop😊

I know from watching one of my daughters and granddaughters practice their singing that it takes a whole lot of work and sacrifice to become a good singer – even if it is not for pay😊 How do you think developing these skills are similar to gaining and strengthening ones’ personal testimony? Let’s look in Alma 5:46 to find out what efforts each one of us make for us to gain and strengthen our testimony and to keep our testimony?







46 Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me.

We have a responsibility to minister to others.
In Acts 26:16we learn that the Lord had called Paul to be “a minister,” but what exactly does this word mean? What do you think it means to minister”? Let’s search the following scriptures and other resources to see if we can find the answers – What does it mean to minister? What answers do you find in these resources? Matthew 20:25–28Acts 26:16–183 Nephi 18:29–32; Guide to the Scriptures,  “Minister,” scriptures.lds.org.

29 For whoso eateth and drinketh my flesh and blood unworthily eateth and drinketh damnation to his soul; therefore if ye know that a man is unworthy to eat and drink of my flesh and blood ye shall forbid him.

30 Nevertheless, ye shall not cast him out from among you, but ye shall minister unto him and shall pray for him unto the Father, in my name; and if it so be that he repenteth and is baptized in my name, then shall ye receive him, and shall minister unto him of my flesh and blood.

31 But if he repent not he shall not be numbered among my people, that he may not destroy my people, for behold I \know my sheep, and they are numbered.

32 Nevertheless, ye shall not cast him out of your synagogues, or your places of worship, for unto such shall ye continue to minister; for ye know not but what they will return and repent, and come unto me with full purpose of heart, and I shall heal them; and ye shall be the means of bringing salvation unto them.






You could have each of your family members and friends each take a reference and look for answers. Then you can each share what you have found with the group. Next you can have a discussion about the different ways that you can minister to others, including in your Church callings. Be sure to encourage one another in your endeavors. Ministering to others can also be done as a family😊

In his talk Brother David L. Beck spoke in his talk entitled: “Your Sacred Duty to Minister,” Ensign or Liahona, May 2013, 55–57about the priesthood holders’ responsibilities to minister to others, and many of his insights can be applied to everyone serving in the Church. You can read the entire talk here: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/ensign/2013/05/priesthood-session/your-sacred-duty-to-minister?lang=eng

There is also the video “The Miracle of the Roof” (LDS.org) that is a good example of ministering. You can find the video here: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/media-library/video/2011-05-12-the-miracle-of-the-roof?lang=eng The example our instructor spoke of and the question he asked us: what does the story of Chy Johnson teach us about ministering to others? Your challenge for this week is to think of someone that you and your family members and friends can minister to during this upcoming week😊 and together think of how you will do this.







This comes directly from the manual Come, Follow Me for Individuals and Families;
Ideas for Personal Scripture Study
The Lord stands by those who strive to serve Him.
As Paul’s ministry clearly shows, difficulties in our lives are not a sign that God disapproves of the work we are doing. In fact, sometimes it is during the difficulties that we feel His support most strongly. It might be interesting to review what you’ve read recently about Paul’s ministry and list some of the things he endured (see, for example, Acts 14:19–2016:19–2721:31–3423:10–1127:13–25, 40–44). How did the Lord stand by him, and what does this teach you about your own efforts in the Lord’s service?


If we heed the Lord’s prophets, He will guide us and protect us from evil.
Another thing I have heard often when I have listened to other people veering their testimonies is the experiences that they have had when they had followed the direction or counsel given by a prophet even though what the prophet said was different from what the advice of worldly experts or the opinions of those around them. When people share those experiences in their testimonies it helps to strengthen our testimony. Do you have any experiences that you would like to share with our cyber group of family and friends?


Now lets look in Acts 27:10 and learn how the people on board the ship responded when Paul prophesied that the ship would suffer “hurt and much damage.”
Acts 27:10          New Testament
10 And said unto them, Sirs, I perceive that this voyage will be with hurt and much damage, not only of the lading and ship, but also of our lives.






Here’s another question for you: How are some peoples responses to the prophetic counsel they hear very similar in our day? look in Acts chapter 27 to see what we learn about following the Lord’s prophets? This quotation by Elder Ronald A. Rasband contains more questions to ponder as well as a list of the dangers that modern prophets have warned us about. 

Standing with Church leaders.
Elder Ronald A. Rasband taught:
“[Our leaders], by divine inspiration, have been called to teach and guide us and … are calling out to us to beware of the dangers we face each dayfrom casual Sabbath-day observance, to threats to the family, to assaults on religious freedom, and even to disputing latter-day revelation. Brothers and sisters, are we listening to their counsel? …
“As we press forward, choosing to follow the counsel and the warnings of our leaders, we choose to follow the Lord while the world is going in another direction. We choose to hold fast to the iron rod, to be Latter-day Saints, to be on the Lord’s errand, and to be filled ‘with exceedingly great joy’ [1 Nephi 8:12].
“The growing question of today is clear: are you standing with the leaders of the Church in a darkening world so that you might spread the Light of Christ?” (“Standing with the Leaders of the Church,” Ensign or Liahona, May 2016, 47–48).

How have each of you been blessed as you have followed the counsel of the living prophets?






This comes directly from the manual Come, Follow Me for Individuals and Families;
Ideas for Personal Scripture Study

I can choose to accept or reject the words of God’s servants.

Throughout his ministry, Paul bore powerful testimony of Jesus Christ and His gospel. Many people accepted his witness, but not everyone did. As you read Acts 24:24–27 and Acts 26:1–3, 24–29, write words and phrases that show how the following Roman rulers in Judea reacted to Paul’s teachings:
Felix
Festus
King Agrippa

While sailing to Rome to be tried by Caesar, Paul prophesied that “hurt and much damage” would come to the ship and its passengers (Acts 27:10). Read chapter 27 to find out how Paul’s shipmates reacted to his warnings. Do you find any lessons for yourself in their experience?






Have you ever reacted like any of these people when you heard the teachings of Church leaders? What are some possible consequences of reacting in these ways? What do you learn from these accounts about heeding the counsel of the Lord through His servants?
See also 2 Nephi 33:1–2Joseph Smith—History 1:24–25; D. Todd Christofferson, “The Voice of Warning,” Ensign or Liahona, May 2017, 108–11.
You can read the entire talk here:

Book of Mormon
And now I, Nephi, cannot write all the things which were taught among my people; neither am I mighty in writing, like unto speaking; for when a man speaketh by the power of the Holy Ghost the power of the Holy Ghost carrieth it unto the hearts of the children of men.

But behold, there are many that harden their hearts against the Holy Spirit, that it hath no place in them; wherefore, they cast many things away which are written and esteem them as things of naught.





Pearl of Great Price
24 However, it was nevertheless a fact that I had beheld a vision. I have thought since, that I felt much like Paul, when he made his defense before King Agrippa, and related the account of the vision he had when he saw a light, and heard a voice; but still there were but few who believed him; some said he was dishonest, others said he was mad; and he was ridiculed and reviled. But all this did not destroy the reality of his vision. He had seen a vision, he knew he had, and all the persecution under heaven could not make it otherwise; and though they should persecute him unto death, yet he knew, and would know to his latest breath, that he had both seen a light and heard a voice speaking unto him, and all the world could not make him think or believe otherwise.

25 So it was with me. I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true; and while they were persecuting me, reviling me, and speaking all manner of evil against me falsely for so saying, I was led to say in my heart: Why persecute me for telling the truth? I have actually seen a vision; and who am I that I can withstand God, or why does the world think to make me deny what I have actually seen? For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation.


 For next week’s reading you may want to ask your family members and friends to imagine that a member of the Quorum of the Twelve wrote a personal letter to your ward. Ask them how they would feel about that letter? What do you think he might say to us as a ward or as a family? Now have them to keep these thoughts in their minds as they read through Paul’s letter to the Roman saints. This might be the inspiration that they need to start reading Paul’s epistles😊






This comes directly from the manual Come, Follow Me for Individuals and Families;

Ideas for Family Scripture Study and Family Home Evening
As you read the scriptures with your family, the Spirit can help you know what principles to emphasize and discuss in order to meet the needs of your family. Here are some suggestions:
Before his conversion, Paul had a long history of offenses toward God. But because he was willing to repent, he was able to say, “Herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men” (see also D&C 135:4).


When Joseph went to Carthage to deliver himself up to the pretended requirements of the law, two or three days previous to his assassination, he said: “I am going like a lamb to the slaughter; but I am calm as a summer’s morning; I have a conscience void of offense towards God, and towards all men. I shall die innocent, and it shall yet be said of me—he was murdered in cold blood.”—The same morning, after Hyrum had made ready to go—shall it be said to the slaughter? yes, for so it was—he read the following paragraph, near the close of the twelfth chapter of Ether, in the Book of Mormon, and turned down the leaf upon it:






How can we rid our conscience of offenses toward God and others?

In these verses, what did the Lord call Paul to do? What opportunities do we have to do similar things?
Does anyone in your family like snakes? You may want to ask that person or another family member to tell the stories found in Acts 28:1–9. Your children might enjoy drawing a picture of these stories or acting them out. What lessons can we learn from these accounts? One might be that the Lord fulfills His promises to His servants. For example, you could compare the promises made in Mark 16:18 with their fulfillments in Paul’s experiences. You could also find in a recent general conference address a promise made by one of the Lord’s servantsperhaps one that is meaningful to your familyand display it in your home. How can we show our faith that this promise will be fulfilled?

God protected Paul when a poisonous snake bit him.

Like the Church in Paul’s day (called a “sect” in verse 22), the Church today is often “spoken against.” When people spoke against the Savior and His Church, how did Paul respond? What can we learn from Paul’s experience?
For more ideas for teaching children, see this week’s outline in Come, Follow Me—For Primary.







Well folks, it looks like we have reached the end of our lesson again, I hope and pray that each of you have learned a lot in my sharing this lesson with you. Also, I am praying that you have each been uplifted and inspired by something that I have share with you to continue studying the New Testament with me. I don’t know about each of you, but I have learned quite a lot in studying the New Testament again. I think as with all scripture, I learn more each time I study it! Line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little,... you know😊

As always, remember who you are!!!! Y0u are each a son or daughter of heavenly parents. You are a child of God – no matter what your age😊 Please continue studying the New Testament with me. Remember to keep the commandments, say your prayers each day, and continue serving others – to minister to them! Until my next post don’t forget to make is a great week!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment