Friday, December 6, 2019


Post # 152 – Come, Follow Me – Week # 45 -- November 18–24 -- James -- “Be Ye Doers of the Word, and Not Hearers Only”


Dear Family and Friends

So, what are each of your Thanksgiving Day plans? I am planning to spend the day at home, and I am hoping that some of my children and my grandchildren can stop by for at least a short little visit😊
I hope this post finds each of you, your family members and those you love all healthy and happy😊 can you believe that it is almost Thanksgiving? 

I know I sent out Thanksgiving greetings in my last post, but I don’t think that you can ever send out too many greetings of Thanksgiving – our lesson this week is on each of us being doers of the word and not just hearers only. The scriptures are not a “Read Only” copy! We need to act on what we read and understand😊

We are commanded to give thanks in all things as found in Doctrine and Covenants 59:7
D&C 59:7     The Lord has commanded, “Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things”




Giving thanks to those around you for the service that they provide😊 Even just giving someone a smile of thanks is a good thing to do. You do not need to make it a big presentation to say thank you – you just need to remember to do it!!! That is the most important thing I believe. In today’s society I think  that too often too many of us feel entitled to whatever we receive and we forget to give thanks for what we receive – even if we have worked hard to receive whatever it is – there is still someone we need to give thanks to!!

We need to remember to give thanks to our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. We need to give thanks to Them for without Them we would not have the very breath we need to make it through each moment of each day😊.We would not have the strength or the energy that we need to be able to work hard to bless our own life as well as those we love. 

I know that we sometimes overlook this fact – that the Lord gives us our very breath😊 I heard on the radio the other day that we should make giving a priority in our lives for a while and see how the Lord blesses us. I thought I would try this out and see how it works out, though I feel more blessed that I deserve already.





I do believe that you can never pay the Lord enough and if giving to others is in any way a type of payment to the Lord, I say great, let’s do it!! I hope that this makes some sense to each one of you😊 Sometimes I feel like my words get all jumbled up when I try to get them out of my head and onto the paper. never sure if I am getting across what I am trying to say


I know that we can never repay our Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ for all of the blessings that we each receive on a daily basis, but it does not hurt to serve others and to give thanks for the service we receive😊 You know our lesson for this week comes from the book of James, this is the book of scripture that changed the life of Joseph Smith Jr.,

He wanted to know which church he should join, and he was reading in the book of James when one verse stood out to him. It was James chapter one verse five, so I guess that means that it was actually that one verse of scripture that changed his life😊 When he read that verse, he was inspired to say a prayer to ask direction for his life. 





This is a perfect example of Heavenly Father knowing our needs before we realize what they are and that we can come to Him for answers😊 Joseph Smith Jr. is a good example for each one of us – to go to the scriptures and pray for answers to our life challenges😊

Oh, you don’t know who Joseph Smith Jr. is?  At the time of this reading in his Bible, Joseph smith Jr. was only 14 ears old. His family was kind of divided -- they were going to different churches and some stayed home. So, Joseph decided to attend church with his family members at their different churches, he was confused which church was the right one. He did his part to try to figure out which church was the right church for him to join. He went to the scriptures with this question on his mind I am sure.

Joseph Smith was told in this verse of scripture that if he needed wisdom, he should ask God. He had made up his mind to act on what he had read in this verse of scripture. He decided to go to a place  he had chosen, where he could be alone to ask God for wisdom to know which church was the right one for him to join😊 

I like how our lesson manual has explained about how this one verse of scripture changed the life of an ordinary young boy and through the help of the Lord this ordinary boy was able to do, to accomplish some extraordinary things throughout his short life. 





This part comes directly from our Come, Follow Me for Individuals and Families manual: 

Sometimes just one verse of scripture can change the world. James 1:5 seems like a simple bit of counselif you need wisdom, ask God. But when 14-year-old Joseph Smith read that verse, it seemed to enter with great force into every feeling of [his] heart” (Joseph Smith—History 1:12).

Thus inspired, Joseph acted on James’s admonition and sought wisdom from God through prayer. And God did indeed give liberally, giving Joseph one of the most remarkable heavenly visitations in human historythe First Vision. This vision changed the course of Josephs life and led to the Restoration of the Church of Jesus Christ on the earth. All of us are blessed today because Joseph Smith read and acted on James 1:5.

What will you find as you study the Epistle of James? Perhaps a verse or two will change you or someone you love. You may find guidance as you seek to fulfill your mission in life. You may find encouragement to speak kindly or to be more patient. Whatever inspires you, let these words “enter … into every feeling of [your] heart.” Remember to “receive with meekness the … word,” as James wrote, “which is able to save your souls” (James 1:21).





What verses from James have inspired each of you to be “doers of the word” and not just hearers only? Are there things in your life that you feel like you need to act on in your individual life or in the lives of your family? I realize these are very personal questions for each one of you, just as they are for me, but they gave me great thought when they were asked of us in class so I wanted to share them with you😊 

Just as your family dynamics differ from mine, your answers will too, differ from mine but they are really good questions for each of us to ask ourselves and to ponder on😊
James 1:22               New Testament
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

When we ask in faith, God gives liberally.

Think about what it was that led the young n fourteen-year-old boy, Joseph Smith to experience a spiritual life-changing event due to the principles that are taught in James chapter one verses five and six. Now we were asked the next two questions in class and both could apply to any and all of you out there in our cyber study group. 





I know for sure that the first question will apply to each and every one of us😊 the second question is primarily for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints but could also apply to any of you. We were asked to ponder these questions for a few moments in class:

What influence has James 1:5–6 had in your life? What has Joseph Smith’s experience with these verses taught you about seeking wisdom about your own questions? 

Joseph Smith—History 1:10–17                Pearl of Great Price
10 In the midst of this war of words and tumult of opinions, I often said to myself: What is to be done? Who of all these parties are right; or, are they all wrong together? If any one of them be right, which is it, and how shall I know it?
11 While I was laboring under the extreme difficulties caused by the contests of these parties of religionists, I was one day reading the Epistle of Jamesfirst chapter and fifth verse, which reads: If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

12 Never did any passage of scripture come with more power to the heart of man than this did at this time to mine. It seemed to enter with great force into every feeling of my heart. I reflected on it again and again, knowing that if any person needed wisdom from God, I did; for how to act I did not know, and unless I could get more wisdom than I then had, I would never know; for the teachers of religion of the different sects understood the same passages of scripture so differently as to destroy all confidence in settling the question by an appeal to the Bible.
13 At length I came to the conclusion that I must either remain in darkness and confusion, or else I must do as James directs, that is, ask of God. I at length came to the determination to “ask of God,” concluding that if he gave wisdom to them that lacked wisdom, and would give liberally, and not upbraid, I might venture.




14 So, in accordance with this, my determination to ask of God, I retired to the woods to make the attempt. It was on the morning of a beautiful, clear day, early in the spring of eighteen hundred and twenty. It was the first time in my life that I had made such an attempt, for amidst all my anxieties I had never as yet made the attempt to pray vocally.
15 After I had retired to the place where I had previously designed to go, having looked around me, and finding myself alone, I kneeled down and began to offer up the desires of my heart to God. I had scarcely done so, when immediately I was seized upon by some power which entirely overcame me, and had such an astonishing influence over me as to bind my tongue so that I could not speak. Thick darkness gathered around me, and it seemed to me for a time as if I were doomed to sudden destruction.

16 But, exerting all my powers to call upon God to deliver me out of the power of this enemy which had seized upon me, and at the very moment when I was ready to sink into despair and abandon myself to destruction—not to an imaginary ruin, but to the power of some actual being from the unseen world, who had such marvelous power as I had never before felt in any being—just at this moment of great alarm, I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me.

17 It no sooner appeared than I found myself delivered from the enemy which held me bound. When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!

What experiences have taught you that “the testimony of James [is] true”? 
Joseph Smith—History 1:26           Pearl of Great Price
26 I had now got my mind satisfied so far as the sectarian world was concerned—that it was not my duty to join with any of them, but to continue as I was until further directed. I had found the testimony of James to be true—that a man who lacked wisdom might ask of God, and obtain, and not be upbraided.




Remember to share you thoughts that you have after thinking about these questions with your family members and friends😊 It is sometimes very helpful to write out a verse of scripture in your own words to help you better understand the verse😊 You may want to encourage your family members and friends to write James 1:5-6 in their own words. You might then ask your family members and friends how doing this has helped them to better understand these verses😊 

James 1:5–6             New Testament
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

Something else that may be beneficial and help your family members and friends to remember that God has promised to give liberally to each one of His children whenever they come to Him in prayer, you may want to share with them your experiences of times when the promise in James chapter one verses five and six were fulfilled in your life😊 or have them share their own experiences. What have you learned from asking your Heavenly Father to confirm your own questions about gospel truths?




Ideas for Personal Scripture Study

Who was James?

It is generally believed that the author of the Epistle of James was a son of Mary, the mother of Jesus Christ, and therefore the half brother of the Savior. James is mentioned in Matthew 13:55Mark 6:3Acts 12:1715:1321:18; and Galatians 1:192:9. It appears from these scriptures that James was a Church leader in Jerusalem and had been called as an Apostle (see Galatians 1:19).

Patient endurance eventually leads to perfection.
You could begin your discussion with your family on this lesson on James’s us about patience in these verses by sharing with your family  members and friends your experiences of times when you had to be patient and then share with them what you have learned from each of those experiences. After sharing your experiences with your family members and friends you could all search James 1;2-4; and 5:7-11 looking for some principles that you or they can each apply to their experiences😊

James 1:2–4             New Testament
2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

James 5:7–11                       New Testament
Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.

Be ye also patientstablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.

10 Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.

11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.






You might want to share the video ”Continue in Patience” where you may also find some applicable principles there😊 you can watch the video here:  https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/media-library/video/2010-09-18-continue-in-patience?lang=eng

Or you could read or watch President Uchtdorf’s talk  “Continue in Patience” (Ensign or Liahona, May 2010, 56–59). 

You can read or watch it here:

It is question time again: Why is patience necessary as we strive toward perfection? What has helped you and your family members and friends to develop patience in your lives?  The following ideas for individual scripture study come to you directly from the Come, Follow Me for Individuals and Families manual: 

Ideas for Personal Scripture Study

Patient endurance leads to perfection.

“Waiting can be hard,” President Dieter F. Uchtdorf taught. “We want what we want, and we want it now. Therefore, the very idea of patience may seem unpleasant” (“Continue in Patience,” Ensign or Liahona, May 2010, 56). After reading James 1:2–45:7–11, what would you say was James’s main message about patience? What additional insights do you have after reading the rest of President Uchtdorf’s message? How can you show the Lord that you’re willing to be patient?






“Faith without works is dead.”
You could begin to share  with your family members and friends James’s teachings  about faith and works in discussing with them why faith requires work/action and why work/action requires faith😊one way to do this would be to read and search through the following scriptures then share with one another what you find.

 Then you can talk about why both faith and works are necessary. You may want to divide your family members and friends into partners to do this or you could just do it all together. If you have very small children of course you might need to use an object lesson for teaching😊 

You can find an object lesson here: http://www.funtasticfamilyhomeevenings.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Faith-and-Works.pdf

Matthew 7:21–23                 New Testament
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.






·         James 1:6–8, 21–252:14–26

 James 1:6–8, 21–25           New Testament

But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.






James 2:14–26                     New Testament

14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.






Joseph Smith—History 1:19                       Pearl of Great Price

19 I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt; that: “they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof.”

If you want your family members and friends to think more deeply. To ponder on the memorable phrase of Faith without work is dead’ as we find it in James 2:26 you may want to make a poster with the following sentence on the board: “Faith without works is like _______ without _______.

James 2:26               New Testament


26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Ask them to be creative in their thinking to find ways to complete this sentence. You could write down all of their answers on your family poster. If you have enough in your group of family members and friends you could have them group into partners or small groups—depending on the dynamics of your family study group. 

You could read together the story told by President Dieter F. Uchtorf which might add to their understanding of this principle. Okay, are you ready for your next question? Good, because here it comes: What can we each do to continually act on our faith in Jesus Christ?





Faith and action.

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf taught:
“There is an old Jewish tale about a soap maker who did not believe in God. One day as he was walking with a rabbi, he said, ‘There is something I cannot understand. We have had religion for thousands of years. But everywhere you look there is evil, corruption, dishonesty, injustice, pain, hunger, and violence. It appears that religion has not improved the world at all. So I ask you, what good is it?’
“The rabbi did not answer for a time but continued walking with the soap maker. Eventually they approached a playground where children, covered in dust, were playing in the dirt.
“‘There is something I don’t understand,’ the rabbi said. ‘Look at those children. We have had soap for thousands of years, and yet those children are filthy. What good is soap?’
“The soap maker replied, ‘But rabbi, it isn’t fair to blame soap for these dirty children. Soap has to be used before it can accomplish its purpose.’
“The rabbi smiled and said, ‘Exactly’
The following ideas for individual scripture study come to you directly from the Come, Follow Me for Individuals and Families manual: 

Ideas for Personal Scripture Study


Faith requires action.

How do you know if you have faith in Jesus Christ? How do your works demonstrate your faith in God? Think about these questions as you study James’s teachings about faith. It might be interesting to also read about Abraham and Rahab, two examples James mentioned (see Genesis 22:1–12Joshua 2). How did they show that they had faith in God?

Reading James 1:3–8, 21–252:14–264:17 may help you think of ways you could be a better doer of the word. Record any impressions you receive, and make plans to act on them.

As disciples of Jesus Christ, we should love all people, regardless of their circumstances.
·         What can we – you and I -- do to help inspire our family members and our friends to show Christlike love to everyone they meet regardless of others’ situation or outward appearance, you could ask our family members and our friends to take turns reading the verses from James 1:9–112:1–105:1–6


      Doing this will be inspiring for you all, you will see. Just give it a try, and don’t forget to pray before you begin your study session so that you will have the Holy Ghost with you😊






James 1:9–11           New Testament

Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted:

10 But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away.

11 For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways.

James 2:1–10           New Testament

My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christthe Lord of glory, with respect of persons.

For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment;

And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:

Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?

Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the 
kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?

Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?

If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
9         But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.





James 5:1–6             New Testament

Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.

Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.

Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.

Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.

Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.

Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.
·          
·         You could have a discussion with your family members and / or friends about questions like the following: What does it mean to “have respect to persons”?  which is found in James 2:9. And /or these questions:

·         James 2:9                  New Testament

But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

·         Why do we sometimes treat those who have money, fame, or power differently than those who don’t? How can we avoid treating others differently based on what their circumstances are? In what way are faithful followers of the Savior really the richest of all?  these subjects are found in  James 2:5.

James 2:5                  New Testament

·         Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?






Ideas for Personal Scripture Study

As a disciple of Jesus Christ, I should love all people, regardless of their circumstances.

James warned the Saints specifically against favoring the rich and despising the poor, but his warning can apply to any biases or prejudices we may have toward others. It can be difficult to recognize the ways in which we negatively judge others, but the Lord has promised that He will help us see where we need to improve (see Ether 12:27). As you prayerfully study James 2:1–9, search your own heart and listen for the Holy Ghost’s promptings. Do you sense any changes you need to make in the way you treat or think of others?

The words we use have the power to hurt or bless others.
·         You remember the powerful images that James uses in his teachings? Those images that he used can provide some helpful reminders and motivation for us to use words – to use both the spoken and the written words – to use our words to uplift others. You and your family members and friends might consider searching through James chapter three and be looking for i,ages there that describe how our language is used to either hurt or bless others.

   Some of your family members and/ or friends may enjoy drawing some pictures of those images that they find in James chapter three. Well, folks, it’s question time again: How do these images illustrate James’s instructions in this chapter? For example, how can our words be like a fire? What images can class members think of to demonstrate the positive power that language can have? You might invite class members to ponder how they can apply James’s counsel.

Ideas for Personal Scripture Study

The words I speak have the power to hurt or bless others.

Among the rich imagery James used throughout his epistle, some of his most vivid language is found in his counsel about language. Consider making a list of all the ways James described the tongue or mouth. What does each comparison or image suggest about the words we speak? Think of something you can do to bless someone with your words (see D&C 108:7).






Ideas for Family Scripture Study and Family Home Evening

As you read the scriptures with your family, the Spirit can help you know what principles to emphasize and discuss based on your family’s needs. Here are some suggestions:
Consider reading James 1:5 and inviting a family member to summarize the account of the First Vision (see Joseph Smith—History 1:8–13 or the video “Ask of God: Joseph Smith’s First Vision” on LDS.org). Invite family members to share their testimonies of the Prophet Joseph Smith and experiences when Heavenly Father answered their prayers.

Consider watching the video “True Christianity” (LDS.org) in connection with these verses. Then read James’s definition of pure religion and discuss ways your family can make the practice of your religion more pure.

James 3 includes many images that could inspire memorable object lessons to help your family remember to speak kindly. For example, you could discuss how a small spark or match can start a large fire, and family members could think of times when an unkind word caused a problem (see verses 5–6). Or you could serve something sour or bitter in something that is usually used for sweet foodsuch as lemon juice in a honey jar. This could lead to a discussion about ensuring that our words are sweet and uplifting (see verses 9–14).

Why should we “draw nigh to God” when we face temptation?
Perhaps sharing a personal experience about receiving a priesthood blessing could encourage family members to “ask for a priesthood blessing when [they] are in need of spiritual power” (Dallin H. Oaks, “The Importance of Priesthood Blessings,” New Era, July 2012, 4).
For more ideas for teaching children, see this week’s outline in Come, Follow Me—For Primary.






I guess you know where we are in our study session together, yes, you guessed it correctly😊 we are at the end of our lesson for today. Did you learn something new in today’s lesson? I know that I learned a few things that I didn’t know before😊 You do know that is what is great about studying the scriptures, you are always learning things that you didn’t know before – even though you may have read that passage or verse or chapter or book before – there is always something new😊

I believe that the good Lord planned His scriptures that way. He wants us to learn the gospel completely😊 So, He gives it to us line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little, as we are ready for the new knowledge, He makes sure that we gain that knowledge😊 But we must do our part to gain that knowledge, right?

If you want to encourage your family members and friends to read and study first and second Peter for the upcoming week, you might ask the to do something as they are doing their reading😊 You can ask them to look for any doctrinal teachings that are in these epistle which are better understood because of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Ask them this last question: How do these teachings testify of the prophetic mission of Joseph Smith Jr.?





I don’t know just how late it is wherever you are at right now, but it is getting late here😊 I have been staying up tonight to make sure that I get the baby’s clothes in the dryer before I go to sleep. I had to wait on the other two loads to get done first. You know we learn to take turns when we are pretty small and you know what, some days we are still learning to be patient and wait our turn😊 Some days are easier than others I will tell you
I know I probably sound like my studentsby admitting this😊 It just goes to show you that no matter what our age maybe we are still learning the simple things, the basic things in life and in the gospel. I’m just saying. So please don’t ever be too hard on yourselves—I do this enough for all of us put together😊 I had wanted to have this don’t sooner, but I was taking an online class for work.

The class just closed today at noon –and I just missed the deadline ,,, again I tried to get it all done. I made better progress that I did the first time and I would have finished on time except I had a dentist appointment that I could not miss.it is a good thing that I went because I have some teeth that need fillings before those cavities get too big that I need more extractions UGH!!






I have been feeling like I have wasted the past two weeks – all those hours that I put in on that class only to fail again! I was so-o-o—0 close this time I was on the last module and if I had not gone to the dentist, I would probably have made it! But those fillings are not cheap and if I had to wait another six months it would probably cost me a lot more than the $680.00 that they said I needed to get those cavities taken care of.

I have been struggling the rest of the day trying to figure out when I could have spent more time on my class. I mean I didn’t even stop much for Thanksgiving to be with my family – I worked on my class work all most all day. I helped to do some of the prep work and cooking and dinner of course. The kids came down now and again to give me hugs and kisses, but mostly I studied.

Well, I better quit rambling and go check those clothes do I can get a little sleep begore I have to head out for work later in this morning😊 Please keep studying along with us all of you cyber study buddies. Keep saying your prayers. Keep the commandment. And remember who you are!! You are each a child of God! He loves you – each one of you! He knows each one of you by name😊 He knows your needs, before you need them. Don’t forget to Remember!  Remember who you are!!! Until next week, please make it a spectacular week😊






No comments:

Post a Comment